Friday 6 July 2012

Changing your Icons Via Registry



So I'm sitting around my New Custom build gaming PC code name Darksied ( yes superman nemesis) sure he's the bad guy, but Darksied sounds way cool ( ^_^)
NB: More on Darkseid later, Now that aside


I'm working on a personal theme which includes changing every icon from the stock windows. So here is what I learned so far.



I didn't like this video because he didn't say how to change the rest of them. So I looked into it myself (Google) and found that the number 3 is like the code for files..NB: 3 (Explorer) Closed Folder and a link Icon registry settings. And also the address for other.
So that's where I am at so far.

NB: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, I WILL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE IF YOU MESS UP YOUR OWN STUFF...

2 comments:

  1. You do realize u could have just used Stardock Icon Packager right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I know, But I also wanted to understand who you move around in your registry and edit things as well. I was almost sure I put something like that there...
      And besides... i have the time (^_^)

      Delete